05 May 2008

take a brunch at No-No Kitchen


A low light sinks in the room with servers dressed in chestnut trousers and blouses. An ideal situation for those of you who enjoy your bites in a more soothing atmosphere.

You will start with corn bread to stave your hunger while you choose from the New Orleans inspired courses.

Vadim settled on the French Quarter Toast while I decided on the Magnolia Poached Eggs with Hollandaise resting on Southern-Style Biscuits. Very hearty and well complimented by the greens on the side. To drink I had the Sangria- nothing special, could have used a little more vibrancy in the flavor. Vadim opted for Abita Turbo Ale of Louisiana. A well-crafted beer, I hadn't known that micro brews from this region could stand up to those of the Pacific Northwest.

We've also stepped into No-No Kitchen for a light bite and bubbly. The crab-cake was decent. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to my crab cakes and this tasted very much like the sub-par you find on the West coast. I'd be interested to try the Gumbo and the other regionally-inspired dishes.

No comments: