18 September 2008

oh hello, is that you, Autumn?

It occurred to me this afternoon- that the concierge at my building may think that I eat a dozen meals a day- as I frequently leave and return with well-marked bags of sandwiches, sushi, or soup. Truth be told, I have become the resident errand runner. My enthusiasm cemented that role- who wouldn't enjoy an escape to the outside? At least while the weather is decent.

Today felt strained, tasks stacking up on each other, no sign of a finish line over the horizon- and I made peace with it. I finally threw in the towel at 6:00pm- feeling a pang of guilt for the pug I left at home- who was more than likely crossing his legs, waiting for his walk.

When I made it home, I saddled him up, tossed a few suits in a bag for the dry cleaners and circled around the hood- stopping a few times for people to pet Pilgrim, another time to remove a...fried dumpling? from his mouth...we ran into a friend, Kristin, then down to True Clean. I exchanged the dirty and cash for the clean- then back up the Slope. We stirred up a bit of chaos at Paws in Paradise with a Boston Terrier and Dachshund, then I skirted off to a manicure-pedicure. On the way home I couldn't help but shiver in my gym shorts. There is a definite chill working itself into the air. And I'm not going to lie, I love it- and I welcome the mini pumpkins and fallen leaves.

No comments: