29 January 2009

it's love: vintage mugs.

It seems that I cannot seem to resist the urge to continuously peruse/purchase kitchen items. It's certainly the most developed and planned room in my apartment. Well, my current apartment's "kitchen" is also the living and dining room (Love, NYC)...but in a few days I will have a segregated kitchen on the Upper West Side. In celebration, I very nearly feel compelled to purchase myself some vintage mugs. Japanese designs were my first intention (the catalyst being the amazing Sushi I had at Kappa Sake House today).

On second thought:

The mugs above are Fire King, they were designed and produced between 1940 and 1979 by
American company Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation (Anchor Hocking) . You can find items like these on ebay or etsy. Happy hunting.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have this same compulsion to always desire to purchase more kitchen items that I don't necessarily need, but just the beauty of them really makes me happy. I really want to see your new place! Good luck moving!