25 January 2009

turtle bay: what is the charm?


(Liz and I...)

Words have been tossed around about Turtle Bay- a seemingly ordinary venue that carries a strong following. I've heard tales of people dancing: large crowds. From the look of it: I couldn't tell you why. The food is average, (at least the courses that we were offered at the holiday party- mozz sticks, egg rolls, chicken in various forms, cheese cake?) We had reserved the upstairs area- which was quite engaging with the factory layout, or perhaps it was a barn? More likely a factory considering the Upper Manhattan area. Regardless, the turnout was fabulous, the crew enthused. It was quite wonderful to engage and learn more about the team, particularly with those from the Boston office.



(w/ Dean, from the London office)

I would have to say that Turtle Bay is a good spot to host a party. The event planner took care of our requests, the open bar was a lovely detail, and the bartenders were not only in abundance, but attentive and cohesive in the fast-paced, high-demand environment. My one complaint was the difficulty in getting their via mass transportation. The MTA was off-kilter and I found myself getting off a 4 train at 59th and Lex, jogging to Turtle Bay, through a bitter cold. When I arrived to link up with my boss, I was being introduced to all the important people, in Citron colored moccasins, messy hair and my least favorite (and yet warmest, ergo I begrundingly bought and continue to utilize it...) Not so classy...Any who, the full set of photos here.

No comments: