04 January 2009

Brooklyn Bread


As per usual Tea Lounge exceeded capacity. I threw out a few more ideas wrapped in the goal of free wi-fi and coffee, because home is not sufficient for work, says Marcel. We met at Brooklyn Bread (well to be honest: I'm sitting in the cafe/bakery as I put together this post). A large glass case of Italian bakery desserts, good enough coffee and sandwiches. I requested a iced latte and some how ended up with a cappuccino, (the waitress being a brutal combination of meek and sweet kept my corrective mouth closed). The ten dollar credit card minimum, which Marcel says is illegal, cajoled me into ordering a turkey wrap with brie, sun dried tomatoes and arugula. Although Marcel is thoroughly enjoying the J.Lo on the speakers, it's not really doing it for me, ergo: Ipod on. Brooklyn bread is completely average and serves it's simple purpose: free wi-fi, open until 11pm. Nothing more, nothing less.