01 May 2009

That'll do. (The Morton's Burger).



I was treated to a Morton's Steakhouse burger this afternoon. Easily over an inch thick, juicy with seared edged and slightly charred cheese. I layered thick cut tomato, onion and crunchy lettuce on the sandwich, then dressed it up with Dijon mustard and ketchup. The burger is so large, I felt compelled to spend ten minutes putting together an execution plan. I sliced it in half and managed to get a bit in before it fell apart. Several napkins were needed, I got no where near finishing it, but the entire experience was nothing short of divine. It's worth the $21 price tag.

Before throwing in the towel, I attempted to decline offers of Junior's cheesecake as a punctuation to my meal, but I was advised against it, "It's my last day interning here, and you can't say no, it's Junior's cheesecake."

My path of pleasures continued.

Junior's is a Brooklyn born bakery famous for making the best cheesecake in New York City. The dessert somehow accomplishes a perplexing combination of: light, fluffy, thich and rich all in one bite.

I'm feeling quite satisfied and well cared for on this Friday afternoon in the office.

No comments: