29 May 2009

dinner tonight: burgers and a white wine saute




Burgers:
I cheated and picked up a pre-made patty from Ceriello's butcher counter in Grand Central Market. The 1/2lb portion came infused with sweet Vidalia onions!

I brushed butter over the Le Creuset grill pan and dropped the meat on. After the first side had browned with gorgeous black grill lines, I flipped it over and dropped slices of lightly buttered Roasted Garlic & Oregano Bread from Zaro's.
Notes: The burgers were succulent, savory...incredible! Although I cooked them medium-well, they retained the moisture and flavor of a rare-cooked burger.

Saute:
Greenwich Produce cuts prep time with beautifully sliced/washed veggies and fruit. We picked out scallions, oyster mushrooms and French green beans.

I tossed the veggies in a large saute pan with a splash of olive oil and water for a slow simmer while water warmed up to make pasta. As the veggies sizzled, I integrated a few shakes of sea salt and cracked some fresh black pepper.

After dropping the pasta (wide homemade egg noodles from Trader Joe's) I splashed white wine and a 1/4 cup milk into the veggies.

After 7 minutes, drain the pasta and fold into the white wine saute.

Notes: Although I wouldn't typically serve burgers with a pasta, the white wine and crisp veggies worked well. The pasta would also be excellent with prawns or thinly sliced chicken!

No comments: