27 April 2009

overheard in new york (today's tasty morsels).

Last month, I featured an entry on the tremendously amusing Overheard in New York blog. This morning offered a few worthy pieces that I thought I'd extend out to you.

By now you must have heard of the photo shoot over Downtown Manhattan that stimulated a number of evacuations and panic. Take it from C., who was working in Goldman:

"So a 747 and two fighter jets flew past my window at work and I had to run down 19 flights of stairs"

"lol I hear it was just a flight exercise, or so they say!"

"Um it flew eye level with my floor and shook the entire building, I am not buying it, they would have notified Goldman, they were screaming on the loud speaker not to panic"

---

And a little less major:

"I'm on the train and you know one of the beggars just finished his speech. He's collecting money and one of those Mariachi bands steps on and starts playing while he's asking for money. The guy gets upset you know and so one of the Mariachi band guys hands him a dollar from their tips!"

No comments: