16 April 2009

path of pleasures: dinner tonight.


Take-out is getting a little old, ergo: I trotted over to Zeytuna and picked up a few things for dinner. I decided to make a prawn saute with salad and bread that I snagged from Zaro (while skipping to the 4 train through Grand Central).


To begin: chop scallions, shave some french sea-salt infused butter and crack some fresh pepper and cayenne over the raw prawns.


Turn the prawns about on a medium-low heat, as to not burn the butter. Bring it to an easy browning. While doing this, I sliced a few pieces of the Panella bread and toasted them.


Pilgrim and Vadim waited (somewhat patiently). Yes, we sat on the floor...


Pour the shrimp, buttery sauce and scallions into a bowl.
Serve with chopsticks.


I put out a mix sushi roll as an appetizer, mascarpone for the toast and dressed the boston lettuce with grape tomatoes, pickling cucumbers, rice vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.


Pilgrim took his place.



(And no, I couldn't resist those eyes, he enjoyed a decent portion as well).

Simple, but tasty.

2 comments:

Bradford said...

They're lucky they had you to prepare a spread like this! I think I had Doritos for dinner that night.

Love how Pilgrim has his place...those eyes. He's winning me over. Scary.

Unknown said...

yumm looks amazing! as does your pups, i could never resist eyes like that either :)