19 April 2009

jack's coffee: pretty good.





I've heard quite a few good words about Jack's Coffee. I finally made it down to the Seaport location this morning. It's only a fifteen minute walk from my apartment, but with so many other coffee spots closer, I rarely make the effort. I waited outside with Pilgrim while Vadim ordered us cappuccinos, an apple walnut scone and chocolate croissant.

The coffee was: pretty good. I suppose when you keep hearing folks praise something you might expect fireworks. The drinks were definitely good, but not the best. I prefer Joe's. The scone could have been better. I felt that is was far too dense, perhaps cooked too long. The chocolate croissant was a pleasant surprise: buttery layers of dough with creamy chocolate. The center was comparable to Nutella, but without the hazelnut flavor.

No comments: