04 April 2009

in feathers: Wall Street Pillow Fight


I stepped outside of my apartment this morning to see this (above). I seemed to recall posters announcing a protest against, "Wall Street" (bailing out banks, rather than denizens)? Maybe that called for the extra force? I paused a moment while my Pug lifted his leg on Cipriani, then turned towards Exchange, and to the dog park.

--A few hours later--

I rise from underground onto Broadway: to head back down Wall Street, to my apartment.

Barricades. Tourists. NYU students. Mohawks. Faces painted. Everyone is carrying pillows. Screaming. I show an officer my license verifying that I live here: he waves me past the barricades and into this...















(Full story) more via: gothamist.



Estimated 1500 people slapping each other around with pillows.

Here's a video of the action, from iReport:

2 comments:

mystady.com said...

It wasn't a protest.

Unknown said...

I didn't say it was :x