26 April 2009

b bar

It's probably been a year since I last settled into B Bar near Cooper Square. The bar/restaurant is made up of a dark bar, baskets of oranges and a large patio that makes you feel like you're in another country. Of course, when you raise your head to the graffiti, nouveau architecture slamming into the older broken down buildings: you realize you're in New York.


We ordered the drink specials: Spicy Margarita and Fresh Watermelon Martini. The margarita had a dominant flavor of Grand Marnier and muddled clove sunken to the bottom. A decent cocktail, but sip carefully, or you'll get caught in the back of your throat. I found myself quite pleased with the Watermelon Martini. Beyond say, a sangria or rum-based cocktail, this was the ideal hot weekend day cocktail. It tasted as though I was sucking juice from the melon.

I imagine brunch is pretty good, judging by the banana bread and butter that we were offered to nibble on. It held its own, even in the heat.

1 comment:

Bradford said...

I like this place. Now I have a hankering for their mussels...which are surprisingly good...mmmm...