05 April 2009

take some bourbon, scotch: in Shoolbreds


After warming up with a few cocktails at the Cherry Tavern in the East Village, we headed to Shoolbreds for a night cap. The easy Toille on the walls, cognac colored leather chairs and fireplace suit the good selection of bourbon and scotch.


We managed to snag the four chairs adjacent the fire and selected our drinks. I sipped a Booker's, others had IPA, or Eagle Rare bourbon.


While we offered conversation, a clearly intoxicated boy began to break dance, or rather put on a show that could be compared to break dancing: sort of. A bus boy brought us homemade warm potato chips to nibble on. Light, pleasantly crispy and moderately salty. These chips were made to be crunched on with bourbon, I am certain: this is their purpose.

I've been a few times before, and I'm certain that I will return to Shoolbreds.

197 Second Ave.

No comments: