22 August 2009

Mayahuel


Between favorites Shoolbreds and Sake Bar Decibel, I found myself in the sultry deep lights and spider marked menus at Mayahuel. Sharp-edged ruby fixtures and servers swooping patrons into low stools marked a warm, constant space.


To sip, I selected the Spicy Paloma. My lips tingled with jalapeno infused tequila, grapefruit, lime and soda with a salted rim. The first few drags caught me in the back of the throat, but the cocktail is a beauty. My company consulted my second choice- Stone Raft. A bit more masculine, the glass is composed of jalapeno tequila, Mezcal, Amontillado sherry, agave nectar and celery bitters 13.

By the attention given to the cocktails, I would be curious to explore the menu a bit.


Images: I heart NYC bars, NYC Go (respectively).

No comments: