16 August 2009

a lunch at Adrienne's


After a few hours at the Battery Park Dog Run with Pilgrim, I found myself in an elevated state of hunger. Pushing aside my craving for a cool and tart margarita, I headed over to Adrienne's with Vadim. Although he'd been there for a a few Peroni's before, neither of us had explored the menu.


I sipped on a Bloody Mary while perusing the pizza and antipasto plates. The cocktail was a bit bland, but relatively refreshing and improved with salt and pepper.


After tossing around a few pizza options, as well the Bruschetta, Olives and cured meats- we elected to split one ten inch pie.


We decided on the Toscano: prosciutto, scallion and potato. The crust exhibited a crusty exterior characteristic of it's wood fire preparation with an ever-so-slightly tender center. The prosciutto was absolutely divine. Savory, with varied textures: the pie proved its Micheline Guide recommendation.

I'm anxious to explore the menu further. The Toscano could certainly be improved with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, but it's clear that the menu and cocktail list are designed with intricate thought.

No comments: