18 March 2009

'bar basket' (home decor idea)


The light feel of this kitchen feels like a certain type of home for me. I'm drawn to the 'bar basket,' in particular.

Functional: and dare I venture to say: whimsical? Perhaps because I keep my silverware tray in my oven. A quirky detail that gives me a comfort. Shouldn't all New York City apartments have a strange perk? (I think of them as perks). The drawer that I would guess is made for cutlery, it simply too small.

(Like Carrie Bradshaw who stores her sweaters in the oven...) Space is king!

I'm waiting for the day that I absentmindedly preheat before removing the tray...

concept/photo via Country Home

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was going to ask if you ever use your oven... and then next question, have you ever forgotten to take it out - but you answered them :)

P.S. i love that you cited SATC

Unknown said...

I've used it to make pita chips thus far!

The oven in my last apartment was smaller than standard...I couldn't fit a cookie sheet in there! I also had a 3/4 size fridge...

The new place has the standard, which is nice. I've been cooking more- experimenting with Korean soups. I'm thinking of doing something a little more serious this weekend.