22 March 2009

niagra bar: east village

I ask: why is it so difficult to get anywhere in the East Village? (Lack of subways). This is clearly reflected in the sheer abundance of cabs harassing the streets. Julia was in town this week and we found ourselves connecting at Niagra Bar. In simplest terms: super packed and for no good reason. Maybe the mixed drinks are good? Couldn't say: we drank wine and beer. What I do know is that a lot of people shoved past each other spilling drinks and I think I had a rotating group of people smashed into my bottom the entire time. I mean- just standing there, pressed into me, sipping. So...although there is a lack of subway to get there, you can feel like your on a commuter-hour train.

Good times. Nice to see Max (photo below). Lovely to see Julia.

No comments: