17 November 2008

photo series, Flatiron District.


for-->the


some see.


an empire state.


chipped.

After my first meeting in Midtown, I decided to walk to my second in Union Square. A cappuccino warmed my belly, a black and white cookie balanced the bitter quality of the coffee. I carefully negotiated my leather gloves over my fresh manicure. 

Avoiding the mess of Broadway- I took Fifth Avenue, looping through the streets, considering an Irish Brogue in my path, "Just lettin' the time pass."  I took stock of  the street vendors hovering over smoking gyro and hot dog carts. Scarves secured around the bottom halves of their faces- and checked the time on my watch as woman argued with a man over a giant pretzel, "It's hard! I'm not buying that." He shook his head, then pulled out another. She nodded. 3:42pm.



No comments: