26 November 2008

Trixie & Peanut: Dog Heaven

Fellow Pug parents had sent me links, and told me tales, of the products at Trixie and Peanut.   Months collected before I took the time to stumble across the storefront. I caught glimpse of the signature logo and collected myself to enter the clean and precise boutique. Immediately greeted by a black pug,  I collapsed to my knees to except his love.

Friendly sales people smiled, offering assistance in an impressively non-intrusive way. I immediately felt welcome and quite compelled to treat Pilgrim. I took notice of a well dressed Chihuahua tucked into the corner of lacy bed. A  Pomeranian video shoot in progress in an opposite nook.

The signature items at this Chelsea shop include Sniffany's plush toys, Chewy Vuitton bags,  Renaissance Treats and wigs. (Because every pooch needs a wig, no?) I was delighted to see Pilgrim's new winter coat in stock, among other items we consider necessary for a hip NYC Pug. Good news for your non-NYC folks, you can order it all online. It's that time of year. The dogs in our family get their own stockings...yours should too.

No comments: