22 August 2008

a lunch, havana ny

HAVANA NY marked lunch with former colleagues, Jean and Emmett. Tucked into 38th street between Fifth and Sixth avenues, it's an ideal location for Midtowners. The warm staff moved with an ease that was nearly a phenomenon. I was seated and comfortable before I noticed the mediocre decor and menu before me.

I chose the crab cake special, health conscious Jean the Salmon ala Parilla with salad and Cuban black bean soup. Emmett stepped it up with Carmarones Enchilada (shrimp in a spicy creole sauce). Although my crab cakes were nothing special, Jean's salmon was gorgeous. Grilled to a creamy pink, laced with slight whisps of black- the dish was quite balanced. The Carmarones Enchilada came in a heaving portion adjacent yellow rice. The feel was certainly down home and authentic.

Beyond the tastes, conversation was easy and long overdo. We anticipate a twice monthly engagement. I look forward. Good things.



Check out the website.

Consider: Cheap/moderate eats option. Good for groups. Good for time crunch.

No comments: