12 August 2008

dispatches 1: Carine Roitfeld


It's Vogue Paris, not Vogue France.

"I think is beautiful and a bit osé [daring]. Is like a modern Pirelli calendar, non? We try to push. But my assistant is like this with the phone [she holds an invisible receiver at arm's length as if being screamed at] for three days now, listening to insults from feminists. In France, you have Paris, and you have the rest of the country, I think the rest of the country don't like us, and we don't know them ... Those who don't like the calendar are not from Paris, they are mostly from the other part of France," illustrates Roitfeld.

View the full archive.



Photo Credit: Fashion Tribe.

(I do admit, I have a curiosity, a crush on this woman...the rogue editor, the editor of Vogue Paris, that is).

No comments: