26 July 2008

Mad 46


Yesterday evening, I finished up a lovely week of temping at 1251 Avenue of the Americas. In preparation for the weekend, I took cocktails on the rooftop of the Roosevelt Hotel at Mad 46.

It's a bit of a think-game to get up to the roof. I found myself being ping-ponged around by doormen, who eventually corralled the group of us down a dark corridor. The candles and plants were a sneeze of an effort to camouflage the industrial sized pipes in the basement/utility hall, that led to the elevator.

Getting past the plastic champagne flutes and martini cups (I refuse to call it a glass, if it's made of plastic) the heat was lovely. The atmosphere was a bit more peaceful than a street front, as well the Roosevelt is situated amongst many aesthetically pleasing buildings.

Packed with white collars, we had no choice but to stand as we sipped our drinks. The service was impossibly slow, but the waitress charming and friendly. If in good company, one can forgive this shortcoming. I'd most likely go back.

Madison Avenue at 45th. NYC

Photo credit: MartiniBoys.com

No comments: