02 April 2014

Store Front: The Disappearing Face of New York

We're home from Puerto Rico! The island is gorgeous, vibrant and definitely on my "must visit again" list. I'll be uploading my SLR photos to Flickr when I manage to carve out some time to filter through them. Interim, you can view snap shots on my Instagram: keisharose10038.

Any who, back to my favorite Island: Manhattan. I discovered this an amazing series of changing store fronts from James T. and Karla L. Murray, which show the dramatic transformations of the city's storefronts over the years...







Amazing, right? I love the combination of emptiness and gentrification throughout. Check out the full series here. While we're on the subject of New York, Buzzfeed recently posted a feature on 60 things you probably didn't know about the city. For example, Albert Einstein's eyes are stored in a safe deposit box!  Check it out.


No comments: