21 April 2014

Discoveries: April Ipsy Bag

Ipsy has been killing it the last four months that I've been a subscriber! The $10/month Glam Bag has consistently delivered deluxe samples and full-sized products worth mentioning! April's theme, Beauty Rocks, arrived packed with staples for a sultry night on the town or a sexy brunch date.

Included in my Glam Bag:

big sexy hair Root Pump Mousse | Full Size $17.95
I'm new to mousse. It's a product that I've always viewed as a mom product (in fact it in the only hair enhancer that my mother has ever used, to my knowledge, from the beginning of time). I recognize this a little bit silly. If you know my Mum, you're familiar with how low maintenance she is. She was big into perms in the 80's, but no more. Any who. I digress. As instructed, I shook well and massaged a modest amount of the foam into the roots of my damp hair, then blew dry as usual. My fine hair had quite the love affair. The formula produced a modest uptick in  volume and a smooth texture which lasted about four hours.
Bonus: 25% off when you text IPSTER to 33233 & provide and email address.

Elizabeth Mott pop goes the shadow in champagne | Full Size $12.99 Included!
A gorgeous champagne eye shadow is a staple in every vanity. Ideal for the brow-line or as a highlighter on your cheek bones, it's a timeless. Elizabeth Mott's formula applies a bit less "Wow!" than my go-to Mary Lou Manizer,  lending it to office/ day-looks. The staying power is decent, but no match for the Seaport winds in my neighborhood. C'est la vie.
Bonus: 50% off any purchase with promo IPSY POP

dr. brandt microdermabrasion | Full Size $78 
Everything I have ever tried from dr. brandt is amazing. This gentle scrub is formulated with pharmaceutical-grade crystals to exfoliate skin, reduce discoloring and leave your face glowing.
Bonus: 20% off full sized microdermabrasion and free gift  with promo MICRO20 (first 10k orders only).

Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Black Velvet | Full Size $20 Included!
Rich and appropriately dubbed velvet, the 24/7 eye pencil is the Rolls Royce of liners. I had previously invested in the Black Market collection and have been reaching for them over other brands since.
Bonus: Free gift with $35 purchase for promo UDIPSY (while supplies last).

Starlooks Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in Naked | Full Size $14 Included!
With a matte finish, this kiss-proof formula compliments lipstick gorgeously. I love the on-trend nude color, which is is universally flattering and perfect for weekend brunch!
Bonus: 20% off your purchase with promo IPSY20.

Not yet and ipsy subscriber? Sign-up here!

No comments: