21 April 2014

Discoveries: April Birchbox

Do you love rainy days? Hailing from Seattle, I do have a slight affection for the occasional sprinkling. Birchbox feels me on this, according to their Rainy Days-themed April box. To my fellow New Yorkers, we are heading towards a serious rainy season, which I am embracing by treating myself to a new pair of Hunter wellies.

***
Included in my box:

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Black Eyeliner | Full Size $16
Cynthia Rowley cosmetics have consistently delivered since debuting in the Birchbox shop! This creamy liner glides on seamlessly and exhibits lasting wear.

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oak Milk | Full Size $18
Although this brand is award winning and plant-based, I haven't been able to jump on the bandwagon. For my taste, the formula is too aggressive and heavily scented. I'll either pass it on to a friend, or save it for emergencies.

theBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream in Pie | Full Size $32
If you appreciate dual-purpose items as much as I do, you will love this cheek and lip stain. The creamy texture applies with enough time to allow you to blend it into your cheeks and build-up the color, if you're seeking an evening look. I actually own the full palette and was excited to get this mini in my favorite shade. It's perfect to toss in my bag!

KIND Snacks Healthy Grains Bar- Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt | 15 Count $11.88
I'm obsessed with KIND bars! I actually have a package of this variety in my pantry (and was excited to get a spare).

nyakio Kenyan Coffee Face Polish | Full Size $34
Crafted from traditional  African recipes, this cocktail featuring Kenyan coffee, Jojoba, Lemongrass and Neroli oils gently exfoliates with an awakening scent of cocoa and coffee. My skin is completely in love with this formula! I have already purchased the full sized bottle!

nyakio Body Scrub | Full Size $55
There are so many good things in this scrub! Sugar, avocado oil, Kenyan coffee,  Mongongo oil, shea butter and grape seed oil come together to deliver serious moisturizing benefits while exfoliating. The sample was itty bitty, which I feel didn't give me the chance to appreciate it's quality. To boot, I found the scent to be a bit too syrupy to love.

nyakio Hydrating Face Oil with Kola Nut | Full Size $49
This luscious oil from the African Kola nut calms the skin with added chamomile and hydrates the skin for 12 hours. I'm hooked on the light nutty scent and couldn't resist purchasing a bottle for myself and a few days of use!


Not yet a Birchbox subscriber? Sign-up here.

No comments: