18 November 2013

Discoveries: November GLOSSYBOX



If you're not familiar, GLOSSYBOX is a Berlin-based monthly subscription service that somewhat recently became available to US consumers. Each box contains five deluxe sample or full size luxury beauty brands and will set you back $22 (with tax). It's similar to Birchbox, but twice the price and 100% beauty focused. I'm (7) boxes into my relationship with Glossybox and feeling pretty good about the products I've received. I'm familiar with about 75% of the names and yet haven't received something I have previously purchased. Occasionally, I receive an item that isn't my flavor, but I have plenty of girlfriends happy to take it into their home.

***

Let's talk goodies. This month's Holiday Romance themed offerings include:

Emite Makeup-Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams Full Size $27 (Incl. in box!)
This highly pigmented black  is suited for a confident gal who loves a smokey eye on Friday nights out. I love the formula and I hope I'll use it. It's going to take patience and practice. I'll go ahead and admit it didn't go so well when I was testing it (easy breezy Naked 2 is my go-to palette and I haven't touched the black!).

The Aloe Source- Joboba Radiance Cleansing Polish Full Size $30
Gentle and effective, this cleanser removes make-up and impurities while exfoliating with soft beads. I will certainly use this product, but it doesn't compel me to replace my adored cleansing oil. It's better suited as a 1x/week cleanser.

Mastey- Color Protecting Leave-in Oil Full Size $25 (Incl. in box!)
At first glance, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the sample. I feel like I have too many products from this family crowding my bathroom. My fine hair only needs an itty bitty amount of protector per use. I decided to try the oil this morning, albeit a bit nervous to introduce an unknown to my hair on a Monday morning when I have early meetings. After normal wash, I applied a dime sized amount on my palm and worked it into the tips of my hair first, then throughout, inclusive of my roots. I blow dried and revealed soft, shiny hair. I'm impressed. This is one product I might actually purchase. Bonus: enter the promo "GLOSSYBOX" for a 20% discount.

Nicka K - New York Professional Eye Shadow Brush Full Size $5 (Incl. in box!)
Great brushes are typically expensive. At a reasonable $5, this ergonomically designed brush is crafted from pony hair and works like a charm! File under win.

Vincent Longo- Duo Eye Pencil Full Size $26 (Incl. in box!)
Although excited for the auburn and golden tips on this pencil, the promise of smoothly gliding on without tugging at the delicate eye area simply isn't accurate. The tips are scratchy swatched to hand and more abrasive to the eyes. If you're looking for a product along these lines, I'd recommend the Julep Kajal Eye Glider or Urban Decay Black Market pencils. They are exponentially smoother and provide amazing wear options.

Subscribe here!

No comments: