13 November 2013

Joie & Birchbox Event


Joie and Birchbox collaborated for an evening of shopping, bubbly and  Jouer beauty touch-ups  in Joie's Meatpacking District boutique yesterday! The scene had an essence of motion with guests and staffers jetting about the clean white displays and modern chandeliers. I snagged a glass of bubbly and considered the towers of colorful macarons.

Although I am familiar with the Los Angeles based clothier, I hadn't previously invested in any pieces.  Having perused the website the evening before, I had a half dozen Parisian-influenced items I was was hankering to drape over my body. The Soft line captured my heart with it's more casual and weekend designs.  A pretty staffer set me up in a vaulted ceiling dressing parlor with long curtains falling to the floor.

The collection thrives on slouchy, incredibly figure flattering pieces. I had a difficult time narrowing to just a few pieces to add to my wardrobe! Seriously ladies, if you don't have any Joie in your life, it's time to amend that!

I settled on the Tahari dress (above left) which features long sleeves and a subtly sexy gathering at the front of your thighs. I'm planning to wear this little python charmer this coming Saturday to a friend's cocktail party on the Lower East Side. As well, I couldn't resist the Uriel B sweater (above right) in charcoal. I'm wearing it today with oxblood wool cropped trousers!

Let's talk bonuses! Those who committed to any purchase received  a cool 20% discount, a $50 gift card to mailed to you during your birth month and a Birchbox.

***

I should start by mentioning that I already own or have received all of these items in previous Birchbox bundles! However, they are all favorites I'd love to have a spare or items that I  can throw into my gift box to assemble holiday, birthday, hostess or care packages on an ad hoc basis...

The low down on the beauty goodies:


Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Riviera & Monaco
These joboba formulated glosses apply more sheer than you'd expect, which aids complimenting a large variety of complexions. I have two in my vanity, inclusive of the Riviera. I was thrilled to receive a mini of an item that I already own and love. It's perfect to throw into my carry-on bag!
Full Size $20.

Birchbox Bobbi Pins
Over sized and clad in an exclusive Birchbox pattern, these are perfect to give to a friend or to keep in your arsenal of beauty fixes.
Sold Out- Shop these great alternatives.

Folle de Joie Parfume
The name appropriately translates to "crazy with joy" with sweet and calming citrus, cognac and woodsy floral notes.
Full Size $98.

Color Club Nail Lacquer in Apollo Star
I gravitated to this shade when I put together my custom Birchbox at the Birchbogger event! It's best described as shimmery moon dust and you should absolutely wear it when you go see Gravity.
Full Size $8.


No comments: