07 February 2009

i love banana bread.


I noticed three over ripe bananas on the counter this afternoon. The blackened fruit appeared just right for baking banana bread. I googled, pulled a recipe from allrecipes(dot)com...and plunged in:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In one bowl:

>beat two eggs.
>add 1/2 cup softened butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar
>add 3 mashed over ripe bananas
>blend.

In a second bowl:
>2 cups flour
>1 teaspoon baking powder.
>1/4 teaspoon salt.


Merge the contents of the bowls into one and mix.


Smooth into a 5 x 9 pan (or something larger for faster bake time)

(I added my own touch)-

Sprinkle a light portion of: crushed pecans, semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips over the top.


Bake until cooked through.


The loaf I made is very nearly consumed at this point in the evening :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Banana Bread rules!

Check out my banana bread blog for some awesome recipes!

Unknown said...

Oh! I love that you have a blog just for banana bread<3