17 February 2009

This is how I see myself in fifty years:


Isn't Barbara Walsh (retiree) a little bit of wonderful? Featured in New York magazine's The Look Book, her brief interview was follows:

How long have you lived in New York?
Only about four years. I lived in Connecticut until my husband died, and it was always my dream to come back.

How has it been?
Oh, I absolutely love it! The activities, particularly for an older person, are terrific. I've learned again to play bridge, and I've met wonderful people. And I go to museums, and I go to the theater.

You look good in the hood.
Oh, it's a terribly cold day. I went to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and I popped into Filene's. I walk all over the place. I feel very serene when I walk around.



(Wait, I already am this woman. Minus 50 years, minus Filene's. Add some photo capturing...)

No comments: