31 January 2014

L'Oreal Extraordinaire Gel Lacquer


Do you prefer gel or classic manicures? I generally reserve gel applications for longer vacations as they are terrible for the health of your nails. L'Oreal has introduced a gel meets classic lacquer collection which features a base, color and top coat system. Dubbed Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque 1-2-3, the system offers the promise of longer-lasting, chip resistant and high gloss shine finish, sans UV lamp. 

The collection features 21 shades, of which I chose In With the Nude for my color: a pitch-perfect grey with a creamy skin undertone.  The lacquers apply with ease (kudos to the brush) in a gorgeous even texture. It's clear that they are not your average lacquer. I allowed them to dry for (20) minutes to be on the safe side. I was able to prepare a meal and go about my evening business as usual. The next morning, my right index finger nail took a blow when opening a blush compact. A massive chip flung from my finger and it was all down hill from there. The above image is after four days of wear.

On the plus side: the lacquer is easily removed with nail polish remover and I feel better quality that the average drugstore brand. The coat on my toes was still going strong after ten days, which is commendable, as I wear pumps regularly. 

No comments: