26 October 2009

take cappuccino at La Maison Du Chocolat


Occasionally, when I'm about to tuck into my building after work, there a smiling face with a platter of chocolat sampling on Wall Street. Perhaps more impressive than being greeted to your home with chocolate, is that the gentleman greets my Pug, Pilgrim, by name.

La Maison Du Chocolat opened its first boutique in 1955- Paris. The chocolat is still crafted in France to ensure a consistent quality, as milk and other ingredients vary from the products in the United States.

This evening, as I walked outside my apartment with Pilgrim- I glanced in to notice my friend Rishi seated at one of the three tables. I sent him a text- only to be coaxed into coming in for coffee. We settled in with a third, Ondine, to hash out our afternoons. We were brought frothy and gorgeous cappuccinos with plates of chocolat: milk chocolate square, dark chocolate ganache and dark chocolat beads. Obscenely balanced espresso: this is well worth $8 per cup.

No comments: