19 October 2009

Oyster Bar


I've had some fantastic meals at the Oyster Bar, in Grand Central- meals that linger in your mind, tease you into the evening: don't you want to come back for more?

I took lunch last Friday- as I perused the menu, it occurred to me that I hadn't experimented with the Oysters before. My partner and I requested the server's choice in a medium sized platter- as well a few bowls of soup. I enjoyed the Tuscan White Bean with Rock Shrimp from Florida, my partner the New England Clam Chowder. Both soups were good, but the Tuscan took the cake.

Among the oysters we selected: Discovery Bay- Washington, Blue Point- New York, Mystic River-Connecticut. Beyond the gorgeous display, the oysters were grand. Briny, smooth and complimenting: I found myself drunk in their pleasures.

No comments: