26 October 2009

Cong Ly


Noted for being: unassuming, crammed between copious Chinese joints and notably seedy in appearance- Cong Ly holds its own in flavor and value. The BYOB Vietnamese restaurant has over 100 cheap dishes that are authentic and generous.


Vadim was kind enough to bring Pho home to me (my typical order when I go Vietnamese). The full anatomy was packaged in massive containers: simmered beef broth, rice noodles, tripe, scallions, fatty flank steak, lean flank steak and brisket w/ patron added Thai basil, lemon bean sprouts and spicy plum sauce.


After setting up my bowl, I added a few squeezes of Sriracha and dipped in: amazing. I've head Pho up and down the West Coast and at various spots in New York City- hands down- this is the best and most massive portion. It's only $6, and easily two meals.

No comments: