03 February 2014

Discoveries: January GLOSSYBOX

January proved to be another fantastic month for Glossybox! The collection included a well-balanced variety of products familiar and new to me:

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash | Full Size $14
The wash claims to be a "super" spa with elements of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils. The consistency is thick and albeit a small 1oz bottle, lasted for a week with a sea sponge loofah. While I love all of the scents incorporated, they seemed to subdue each other out. I enjoyed this product and it's natural sourcing, but for me, it's not a must have.

The Original BeautyBlender & Mini BlenderCleanser |  Full Size $20
Confession: I purchased a full-sized Blender and BlenderCleanser several months ago and was yet to try it. I'm a loose powder girl and rarely use alphabet creams or foundation, as they tend to dry out my skin. I have been using the BlenderCleanser to clean my brushes and it's fantastic. Now that I had two of these blenders, I decided it was time. After consulting Youtube, I moistened the ergonomic  sponge and applied Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC cream. I must admit, it's definitely better than using your fingers and palms (Yes I do that. Weird?). I'm into it. I'll likely purchase again in the distant future.

Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush | Full Size $20 Included!
I haven't used a mineral powder blush in some time. I tend to overdo it, which is precisely why I love this compact so much! The ultra sheer formula applies gorgeously for a radiant glow.

Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Casual Sea Salt Spray | Full Size $15
I feel like I have a lifetime supply of sea salt texture sprays. They are endlessly streaming to my mailbox in monthly subscriptions or free samples to beauty orders. I'm trying to keep it under control by giving them to girlfriends :) I decided to keep this one and sample for myself. I sprayed on moist hair and blew dry while working to create waves with my hands and did not achieve waves. Either I need a better technique or my fine hair isn't going to comply. I love to discover alternate uses for products that didn't work a particular way and found that this texture spray is fantastic for light-hold styling.  If you're a texture spray user, Toni&Guy is good investment for it's feel and light scent.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream |  Full Size $31
With this intense winter, I have been absorbing tremendous amounts of  cream to nurture my parched skin. I've seen Vichy on the displays in Duane Reade and Parisian pharmacies, but never purchased. The paraben-free formula claims to lock in moisture for 48 hours. I have been applying it in-addition to my daily regimen of products around my the corners of my nose, above the bridge of my nose and to my neck. The results are fantastic: reduced redness and peeling (ick, yes this happens to me in the winter).

Not yet a subscriber? Sign-up here!

No comments: