14 February 2008

村上春樹





After lunching a BXL-( sometimes you want to go- where everybody knows your name- and Polish men need their french pardoned-) I hurried back to finish up my day at the office- and pick up a cocktail with a coworker at Croton Reservoir.

I stepped down into the ground and onto my Brooklyn bound train.

Fall into asleep. Head nod- a drastic drop and recovery. Wake up at Bergen. Next to the burgeoning belly of a pregnant woman. Black velor pants, a long brown sweater- diaper-pinned closure. In an peculiar way- it brought my thoughts to Murakami. Perhaps the music of his website?

Sushi at Mura- the new staple. The mercury content in my blood must be something fierce. Miso soup with enoki mushrooms. Miso black cod, sake- the spicy love roll & the I Love Eel roll. A well crafted balance that left Vadim and I deeply satisfied. We drifted on up the Slope to a pie that I put together. A gradual, yet foxy, St. Valentines day.


A bottle of veuve clicquot waits in the
fridge...




No comments: