07 February 2008

an evening at the Royalton


Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of joining a few colleagues at the Royalton for cocktails, dinner & the meeting of a client. A fellow PNW-er! We enjoyed the outrageously tall hostess, excellent Tempranillo/Rioja which paired nicely with the variety of starters we selected. In particular, a clementine sashimi dish, a frisse salade & a prosciutto topped cheese. On recommendation of our heavily accented server, we also partook in the risotto. I have a sneaking suspicion that this gentleman was a huge advocate of rice-based dishes- based on his various suggestions. I did take his advice with the rice pudding dessert
--decent-- but nothing to write home about. Flawless service- I would most likely return.

Max facts and I stepped on the F, and I opted to hop off early at Delancey to take a cab...No need to end up in Coney Island.

No comments: