29 May 2014

Discoveries: May Birchbox






June is lurking around the corner, which means it's time to talk about my May Birchbox! Themed "Freewheeling," the Springy box included a few samples worthy of tucking in my weekender and a bonus $25 gift card to Kate Spade Saturday (with $75 minimum purchase).

                                                                 ***


Included in my box:

Caldrea Body Wash in tea tree & olive and  Body Lotion in coconut fig leaf | Full Size $18-22
Featured in my April Glossybox and Special Edition Mother's Day Glossybox, I was already familiar with Caldrea. Thanks for the travel-sized spares!

GIVESCENT Signature Fragrance | Full Size $48
With notes of citrus, almond oil and vanilla, this sweet scent reminds me of the complimentary limoncello served after dinner while traveling in Roma! Albeit laced with nostalgia, it's not a fragrance I'd personally invest in. I will however pour myself a small, chilled glass  of limoncello after a delicious slice of pizza!

No. 4 Hair Care High Performance Hair Care Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Oh my goodness, this botanical rich shampoo is heavenly! As you lather, your bathroom fills with the gorgeous scent of freshly cut flowers. I find myself consistently impressed with No. 4 hair care products!

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Coral Crush | Full Size $8 Included!
Albeit a drugstore product (higher price-point  cosmetics at Target), I was pleased to find a coral-hued Pixi lip balm in my Birchbox! The color is well-pigmented, which I would feel more confident wearing at night or at derby party than everyday.

Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology | Full Size $19
Sunscreen is something I take much more seriously these days! I love Supergoop! skincare and am so excited to toss this deluxe sample in my tote this weekend before heading to the Veuve Clicquot polo match. It smells like a relaxing weekend with friends!

Not yet a Birchbox subscriber? Sign-up here!

No comments: