Beautycon NYC took over Pier 36 in lower Manhattan last weekend and I am excited to share that I snagged a ticket! I opted for the PRO (allows you to slip to the "head" of the line and take home a tote bag filled with cosmetics, snacks and lifestyle products).
I rolled out of a cab a little after nine and tucked myself into the line (wait, line? I paid a premium to skip the line, right?). After about an hour, I was in the doors of the event, thankful that the grey, ready to shower sky spared me.
Let's keep this simple and break down the event in bullet points!
- Awesome goody bag packed with new-to and not-yet released drugstore cosmetic products.
- Open bar (wine and bottled cocktails) and snacks (pop chips and boom chica pop) in the VIP lounge.
- Fun networking and positive energy.
- Loooong lines that moved at a glacial pace.
- Few healthy snack or lunch options (a girl needs her energy to power through!)
Included in my freebies:
I spent time with the majority of the brand-hosted booths, which were a mix of retail and sample/activations.
The Tarte booth hooked me! It's so hard to resist Tarte! I purchased an under-eye concealer, facial tanning serum Brazilliance self-tanner:
In a nut shell...
Did I enjoy it? Yes. Did I stay for the full day of events? No. Would I do it again next year? Probably not.