02 March 2014

Discoveries: February Birchbox

You  may not be on the red-carpet this evening, but you can still bring-it to your Oscar party (even if it's just you, your husband and Pug). Birchbox collaborated with US Weekly to pull together their February box, which features celebrity favorites. The cute red box alone made me smile!

My monthly discoveries...

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara | Full Size $18
This all natural mascara tints lashes with black tea and fruit pigments. It took me a little while to warm up to the fruity scent, but the application is easy and not-too dramatic, lending it to day-looks.

Agave Healing Oil Treatment | Full Size  $40
When I think of Agave, I'm leaning towards a delicious tequila or healthy sweetener. Apparently, it's great for hair too! I tossed this sample into my bag for a long ski weekend in Vermont and instantly fell in love. The lightweight formula smooths hair and boasts a natural glossy appearance.  to boot, it smells incredible! I purchased a bottle last week.

Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face | Full Size $36
Sun protection is one of my key priorities in terms of skin care. I wear Coola's sun screen as a light moisturizer during the hot, humid summers. Unfamiliar to the Coola's extension into alphabet creams, I was thrilled to discover this tinted base! It feels so good and adds the extra measure of sun protection.

DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew | Full Size $42
Oil free and gentle, DFF moisturizing dew feels great as mid-day moisture refresh or smoothed over your neck in collarbones. If you're not familiar with this brand, it's definitely worth looking into. I haven't sampled a product from the line that didn't make my skin sing.

Harvey Prince Hello Fragrance | Full Size $55
Citrus and floral notes come together in a very nearly musky way to make this spray playful and versatile from day to night.

***

Not yet a Birchbox subscriber? Sign-up here! On the fence? Send me a message or comment below and I'll share more on why I think it's the perfect monthly indulgence.


No comments: