24 November 2009

11 Days: Not a Word Exchanged


An Eleven year-old Brooklyn boy with Asbergers spent eleven days on the Subway without communicating with another passenger. The young man had feared a conversation with his mother regarding school- cajoling him to step on the train with $10 in his pocket. A transit policeman eventually discovered him.

Do you speak to people on the subway? I've had some pretty incredible experiences. An Argentinian Opera singer stepped on, approached me and engaged in a kiss...another individual became a friend over shared reading taste- I've been molested (yes, I confronted him & no, nobody spoke up in my defense- let alone looked up to our raised voices), I've even successfully used Craiglist Missed Connections.

Read the full article at Gawker.

This may also interest you.

image/coverage: via gawker

No comments: