07 October 2008

Put it in your satchel, take it with you.

While in college, I took a Creative Writing class with Carol Guess. Her belief, which I openly adopted is that you must carry a notebook with you. Write down the little blips- or developed thoughts as they come. While I was a moleskin person for the first three books, I now prefer the industrial quality and Japanese concept of Muji Chronotebooks.
Each page has a clock image printed in the center. The notebook can double as a day planner. If you're a mind-map thinker like myself, the crafting of branches is a deeply satisfying process. Muji products are not only of exceptional quality, but well-priced for a budget. Each item is designed with industrial materials that are often over looked and therefore more economically accessible.

Buy it here: Muji Chronotebook.
--
**If you have the interest: Carol Guess has a handful of delicious books published. Within those, Gaslight, Femmes Dictionary and Switch are the ones I'd recommend reading first and in that particular order. Most book shops will order what they don't have in stock (go to Strand!) or if you can't make the trek, there's always Amazon.

No comments: