10 March 2015

Everlane: Two Trousers, One Launch



Last week, I opened my inbox to find an email from Petra at Everlane. Ahead of the launch of the online retailer's first ever women's pant, select members were invited to the SoHo workshop to interact with the products and enjoy light refreshments. 



The trousers are available in two styles: slouchy and slim. Crafted from ultra light wool and lyrca, the Slim Trouser features stretch in both directions for a polished look and ease of mobility. The Slouchy Trouser has less give and hip-flattering pleats.

Above: Petra with slouchy pant to the left, slim pant to the right

Petra took her time in explaining the intricacies of both cuts and how they are designed to wear with the body. She suggests sizing-up for the slouchy pant, to allow the pleats to lay neatly across your hips. 


The Slim Trouser ($98, traditional retail $220)

The design features single darts above the pockets for a more contoured derierre.  Fitted throughout the leg and finished slits at the ankle, the pant will pair with pumps beautifully for a crisp professional look.


The Slouchy Trouser ($120, traditional retail $280)

Structured with two darts at the back pockets and wider legs, the pant will pay compliments to your favorite pair of loafers, but can also be dressed up with heels. Although Petra suggested I size up for an accented slouch, I found that my actual size was more flattering for my figure. She agreed and even suggested that I may consider sizing down based on my narrow hips.

Above: Myself in the Slim Trouser.

*Please excuse my pile of winter layers dominating the photo, there was a sloshy six inches of snow layering Manhattan the day I visited the showroom* 

I loved both cuts, but I found myself having a stronger connection with the slim fit (likely because I already own similar styles).  What do you think? The pants are now available on Everlane dot com and with one-hour delivery via Everlane Now for those located in Manhattan.


No comments: