23 May 2012

Cooking with bourbon


I decided to get a jump on this evening's dinner by prepping the chicken last night. I wasn't really sure what I was doing, but decided to rally over the fridge and spice cabinet to throw together a marinade.

Light bulb: bourbon.

Depending on how well this turns out, I may need to invest in Schmid's Kentucky Bourbon Cook Book for guided recipes. (Wishlisted!)

Things I had and added:
1 lb Chicken Breast tenders
3 large chorizo sausages (sliced)
1 lemon (thinly sliced)
1 lime (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp coarse ground mustard
1 tsp coarse freshly cracked pepper.
1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
1 tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp capers
3 Crimini mushrooms thinly sliced
1 large scallion
***1 shot Kentucky bourbon***



I plan to bake at 350- covered.

No comments: