29 May 2012

a dinner at Blue Smoke- Battery Park


My sweet husband suggested a date-night last Saturday. We went to see Chernobyl Diaries (Super scary! I was jumping and grabbing at Chris the whole time!) and decided on Blue Smoke for dinner.

Modeled after the flagship in Gramercy, the wide open dining room boasts dark walls, stacked wood and the warm scent of pit BBQ. As well, there is a glass case of tempting classic Southern bakery items.





We managed to snag two seats at the bar as another couple were leaving. I sipped on blood orange margaritas, which were sweet and refreshing, Chris opted for a beer. Sadly, they were out of the Brooklyn Brewery custom Blue Smoke ale.

For our first course, we enjoyed the grilled oysters with spinach and bread crumbs on a bed of rock sea salt.



For our mains, we went with the Real Pit BBQ rib sampler: two Memphis, two Kansas city and one Texas, which come piled up and with a side of tart and refreshing pickles. We were licking our fingers the whole way through these delicious varieties.


I'm a stickler for veggies, which cajoled me into ordering the grilled asparagus with frisee, pickled spring onions, Kentucky country ham and smoked lemon vinaigrette. I must admit, I've been thinking about this meal since we walked home on Saturday night! If we hadn't had two days of fish delivered from Fresh Direct, I would have asked him to go back Sunday and probably Monday too :)

No comments: