30 June 2008

pause, Song 7.2


In between social engagements, I stepped into Korean Tapas venue: Song 7.2

Easily over looked, the decor is simple. The space inside, airy. A handful of servers popped/floated in matching black logo tees. I ordered the chilled house sake. As I sipped, steamed clams were offered to me. Precisely stacked in a chrome bowl--> admittedly: they smelled like my childhood of sailing with my father.

The servers were very friendly, familiar- they even asked to take their photo with me- justifying that I was the prettiest customer. Flattery will take you...somewhere? (The good word was that they were putting photos of patrons on their walls). He had cut holes in his tee. His converse with dirty white w/ black laces. He refilled my cup as it emptied, a few times. I stepped out to finish up the evening at Decibel- they asked me to come back with my friends...

Outlook: good.

117 Second Ave, LES- NYC.

Photo credit: eater.com


No comments: