27 June 2008

It happened at th Millenium Hotel.


SAMPLE SALE! As mentioned in NY Mag's Best Bets...and Top Button:

Betsey Johnson has been holding a sample sale for the past handful of days. I resisted until this afternoon when a man handed me a collection of fliers. Four different sample sales spread across the Fashion District and Times Square.

My tummy rumbled...I was quite hungry...but this was too tempting. I could go to the closest one on 38th Street- make my rounds from there- or I could go straight for the fillet. I decided on the latter. I squeezed through clusters of tourists snapping photos and vendors selling Coco Chanel counterfeit for $5.00, and slipped into the dark hallway of the Millennium Hotel.

Up to the seventh floor- a virile man extended his arm out, "That way, hoards just like you- good luck."

You'd think they'd be vicious, fighting over dresses priced down to $60-85 from $345-415...but certain things, like inhibitions, are nixed in these situations. I selected a few dresses and stepped into a corner with a dozen other girls, stripped bare: to wiggle, zip and pull at the fabric draped over curves.

1Sexy blouse, 1:gorgeous jacket & a vibrant satiny dress later, I dashed back to the office.

Seamless web for lunch?



Photo credit: UK Telegraph.



1 comment:

Bernice L. McFadden said...

Great Blog! I see we share some of the same favorite books. Please drop by my blog or my website: www.bernicemcfadden.com and experience my novels.

Peace & Light,

Bernice McFadden
aka
Geneva Holliday