21 June 2012

From Nambe: Spicy Mussels with Andouille Sausage

I've been doing mussels on Monday for myself and my husband (freshdirect has some great fresh and local-ish shellfish!). My favorite endeavor thus far was my chipotle beer broth. I'm going to try this recipe courtesy of the Nambe blog this coming Monday!



½ pound Andouille Sausage,casings removed
½ cup diced shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon red chili flakes
1½ cups dry white wine
1 cup clam juice
1 32-ounce can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
½ cup chopped Italian parsley,plus more for garnish
5-6 lemon slices
4 pounds fresh mussels,scrubbed and debearded
vegetable oil
kosher salt
black pepper

(Though I'll substitute the vegetable oil for avocado oil. Yum!)

Psst...if you live or are in the New Mexico area, you should check out their warehouse sale, which started today and goes through the weekend. Details here.

No comments: