06 October 2014

Everlane New York Show Room Event: Launch of the Loafer



Everlane recently launched their first women's shoe: the loafer. Crafted from Italian leather, the elegant design is available in olive, burgundy and black. I snagged up a pair of the olive from the online shop the day before they became available to the masses. They are slated to arrive in the mail today.

The Marketing team invited me to their New York Showroom for a special event last Friday to try on the shoes, peruse other items, inclusive of to-be launched colors of the Petra totes (images below) and the upcoming Petra cross body purse.







 A few moments after arriving, and accepting a glass of red wine, Founder Michael Preysman approached me to inquire when I had purchased the Petra Market Tote in Kiwi hanging from my shoulder. I clarified that I pre-ordered before it launched. He mentioned that it wasn't aging as designed and introduced me to a customer care gal of whom he asked  to email me and credit me for a new one. I was humbled and a bit of a deer in headlights. This is the guy behind my go-to staples!

After trying on the loafers, which are unbelievably cozy, I was tempted to order them in burgundy as well. Perhaps after returning from my big trip to Asia.

Purchase your loafers and other basics at Everlane.

No comments: