13 May 2013

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle

Are you familiar with Birchbox? Last weekend, a bartender that follows me on Instagram thanked me (with a glass of champagne!) for introducing it to her by way of my photos, "I got a subscription for myself and my mother- we're obsessed!" 

Regardless, I must admit I was a bit disappointed with my May box...which swapped one beauty product for a pen. It's not a particularly unique pen. To throw a little salt in: it's pink. I work at an investment bank. Pink pen=stink eye. Waste not! I will use it until it runs out and they can shut their pie holes.

But I digress...there was one product, which picked up the slack for the sad pen: Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle. Allow me to set the scene:

Saturday afternoon, lower Manhattan. Morning rain dissolved, my husband and I popped over to the Lonestar Chili Cook Off for beer, sangria and chili sampling and voting. Albeit muggy, the chili samples were great (crab with chickpeas was among my favorites) and the venue packed. As the event neared the final few hours and the supplies began running low, we decided to head home- no reason to over do it! 

I headed to my favorite cheap salon to  get a massage and found myself caught in a torrential rain. When I dripped into the door, I was a complete mess. I changed clothes and sprayed my hair with the Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle spray from my May Birchbox and combed it out with a hair dryer. The results were soft, sleek and shiny hair!

I will definitely purchase this product when my deluxe sample runs out!


No comments: