04 April 2011

Pieces of My Weekend.

My birthday weekend commenced with a 7am wake-up for homemade french toast and bacon (a massive surprise, considering Chris hasn't shown much talent in the kitchen beyond ordering delivery online...), he also gave me a pair of cocktail earrings with olive colored stones.

After work (and a much needed nap), Chris picked me up from my apartment to hail a cab to the East Village for dinner at my favorite Serbian restaurant. We nibbled on our usual dishes: lamb stew and grilled pork. As we finished our bottled of wine from Montenegro, Chris insisted on dessert and I requested a few shots of slivovitz. He pushed the table aside and got on his knee with the most beautiful ring I could have ever imagined (complete engagement story to follow!)


After a chorus of applause and what seemed like endless photos from the photographer, he ushered me into a limo outside. We drove around the city for hours- calling family and celebrating with each other.


The next morning, we decided to walk to Union Square to run some errands. We stopped at Delicatessen for a spot-on brunch. We couldn't stop looking at photos from last night and our months of past adventures.



As the afternoon burned off, my best friend came over to sip a glass of bubbly before we joined a bar crawl. We split bottles of procesecco at the Tribeca Grand....



and decided to pop into the SoHo Grand for more bottles of prosecco. The low lights and popping of corks matched our celebratory mood.


Our group swelled and dwindled throughout the night. We decided on dinner at Felix: l'oigon gratinee, l'aissiette de fromage, escargot (avec beurre!) and steak tartar avec frites. The plates were gorgeously satisfying with bottles of red wine.



To punctuate the idyllic weekend, I met two lady friends from my hometown for brunch at Fresh Salt. We enjoyed lox, speck omelets, salads and coffee. We chatted for over five hours and shared a double chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Amazing.

No comments: